Wednesday, December 23, 2009

breakable objects and other christmas items


For some reason, I got it into my cute little head that glass ornaments and glass plates would be prefect gift ideas for family and friends. I ended up etching the initials of some friends onto the ornaments and I was brave/foolish enough to let the boys stuff them with feathers. We had a lot of fun and only broke a few. (I ended up breaking more on my own later on) They were pretty cute and I may end up making them next year for my own tree.
I also ended up making more of these plates for my side of the family and some of the families we go to church with. These were less fragile(thank heavens) So far my glass etching projects this winter has reached a total of 46 items. That's 21 ornaments, 13 vases for a wedding, 11 plates and a glass cake pan for my mama. I am officially putting away the etching cream and taking a break.
I saw the plans for this cute wreath made out of scrapbooking paper on some local daytime news show. If I could remember which one, or even which company sponsored it, I would post a link. But I can't, I think the fumes from the glass etching cream have gotten to my head. This is the near finished product. There ended up being so much glitter and sparkle that every time I walk past it I smile. Man, I love glitter. It was pretty easy. All I had to do is cut out a few hundred leaf shapes and push pin them into a Styrofoam wreath circle. It took a bit to do it, but it was easy and fun. And hey, It sparkles!

4 comments:

  1. Is there anything you can't do? You are absolutely incredible! Everything looks awesome! Is glass etching hard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I want one!!!!! You are so cute. It was great to see you last week. HUGS Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and I want one!!! You are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana!
    I found your blog and I love seeing all of the pics of your super cute projects! You are so amazing. You'll have to tell me where you get all of your ideas...you probably just think of them all yourself!
    I'm glad I took a picture of your awesome cupcake.
    Thanks for the ornament by the way! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete