Friday, December 18, 2009

birthdays


We have had a couple of birthdays since the last time I was on here. Bear turned 1 and is the cutest little monster ever. He reminds me quite a bit of my brother. No wonder my mom lets Brother get away with so much. There is a twinkle in Bear's eye just like Brother's. You can just hear Bear's thoughts "Yes I know what I am doing is naughty, but gosh darn it I am cute, so you will just have to let me get away with it." And most of the time we do. I am in so much trouble.


I had so much fun making these cupcakes. I got the recipe from the Hello Cupcake Cookbook, my new favorite. http://http//www.hellocupcakebook.com/ Bear loved them so much, he ate 2. I made a ton, but lost all the pictures. Luckily my cute neighbor had taken a few of the one I sent over to her.


Today is Z-Dog's 7th birthday. Last night we had a huge party with a bunch of his friends. The theme was legos. We borrowed a TON of Legos from our friend and all the kids loved them. We had a couple of games and pizza. It was amazing how quiet 13 kids can get when they are busy building with legos. Other than the utter exhaustion I felt after I was done, it was actually an easy party to plan. The legos pretty much took care of the whole evening. Those little blocks are just amazing.

Z Dog is an amazing kid. He is ultra charismatic and super smart. He loves to read, a fact that I am so excited for. He has tried starting Harry Potter, but I asked him to hold off for a little bit. I am anxious to share my little book collection with him. I have been collecting all the books I loved as a kid. He has started Sideways Stories from Wayside School, one of my favorites.


2 comments:

  1. I had forgotten that Zack and Noah shared a birthday until I posted Noahs birthday and noticed that you had a birthday post as well. So glad to see you had a fun birthday with him. I am feeling like I need to savor every moment with Noah since he is getting so big. Cute cake, check out our hot wheels cake for Noahs birthday on my blog. It was the best I can do. Happy Birthday ZACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly amazing. I can't believe how you can get so much done. Your crafts are super cute and what awesome birthday parties you do. Your such a fun mom. (and awesome friend.) Can I have some of your energy and craftiness?

    ReplyDelete