Saturday, March 20, 2010

quite book













I have been working on a quite book for the boys. to be honest I wasn't quite prepared for how long it would take, or how much it would cost. But, I have had a lot of fun and have learned quite a bit, so it was worth it in the end (plus the boys love it, so I guess that helps :) I can't quite figure out just why half of the pictures are sideways though, but there is a baby that is in need of attention, so I won't take the time to fix it.
http://modestmaven.blogspot.com/2009/05/sew-quiet-book.html

http://naptimejournal.blogspot.com/2009/04/quiet-book-ideas.html

although the fish one was all mine, and all the "extras" it wouldn't be my project if I didn't get carried away.



5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with quiet books--it looks so good! I just need to get on the ball and make one myself but I really like what you've done. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so super talented! Way cute. I've been wanting one of those but I'm not artsy enough to do one myself. What lucky boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented. I want to make one for the kids too, but I don't know if it's gonna happen. But seeing yours and having those links for ideas makes me want to do it more. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the book. Your amazing Nanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute! I am in the process of making one (going on a year and a half). I love your idea of three ring. The one I'm making is a book sewn together. Lack of sewing ability+needed perfection=uneven pages. Maybe I'll try to reverse the damage and use the three ring idea. Your the best Jana!

    ReplyDelete