Thursday, January 6, 2011

officially obnoxious cub scout

Z-Dog turned 8 a few weeks ago and in this house there are two huge event that go along with this momentous occasion. Baptism and Cub Scouts.
The first, baptism, happened on a freezing new years day. That's 1-1-11 (how cool is that!). It was one of those moments that make parenting worth it. He was more excited for this than he was for Christmas. He is an amazing kid and really tries so hard to be a good person. It was a beautiful experience seeing Daddy-man and Z-dog enter in the font dressed in white. Joy filled my heart and I cried my little eyes out.
As for cub scouts he could "just about pee his pants with excitement" his words (I think I may say this little saying too much if it has entered into his common sayings). This Saturday is the pine wood derby and he and Daddy-man have been working really hard on it. Daddy-man has behaved himself (for the most part) and let Z-dog do most of it. Yup, that is a piece of pizza. Give a whole new meaning to fast food. (sorry I couldn't help it, feel free to roll your eyes, I won't be hurt)

As for the rest of the crew, Monkey is an official reader. He was reading Harry Potter to his Dad the other day. Yes I am bragging. He is only 5, and just barely that. And yes, I will probably continue bragging, but I will try to do it tactfully.

BEAR IS 2

That deserves to be all in capital letters because he is definitely the most "2" 2 year old I have had the joy(?) of raising. He doesn't speak much, so that doesn't help. He does say one sentence though. And wouldn't you know it, it's a knock knock joke. (only in this family)

Bear-knock knock
mom-who's there?
Bear-moo
mom- moo who?
Bear just laughs at this point

no one said it had to make sense

as for me I just signed up for the Master Gardener class at the the USU extension. I am pretty much giddy with excitement. So excited, if fact, that I just might pee my pants from it. Now all I need is a yard to practice on.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome baptism and like you are having fun with all of your crazy boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are right there with you guys. Noah got baptized this month and the pinewood derby is next Saturday. I love the pizza car! Noah decided to make his like a lightning bolt! It should be fun! They better win for as much pressure Ben is putting on the car to perform. Ahhhh! Cub Scouts, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete