Wednesday, February 10, 2010

welcome to the century of the fruit bat

o.k. so it's not the century of the fruit bat, It's just a quote from Mr. Pratchett.

So Daddy-Man came to me today and asked me to design his portfolio. He's all trying to butter me up saying things like how awesome I am, and how talented I am. What I want you to know is just how not awesome I am feeling about this.
Sure, I have all sorts of ideas, but getting them out and put down on the computer? AHHHHH! I don't know if anyone else gets like this, but when ever I am introduced to a new form of technology, I FREAK! I get this icky panicky feeling. The computer program shall remain nameless in case I start cursing at it at some later date. I know that tons of people can use unsaid program with ease, but when Daddy-Man starts coaching me, I just want to cry (nothing against Daddy-Man, the same thing happened when my father tried tutoring me in math) And this a big deal. Our future could be riding on this. I don't know why I am not an uber genius on the computer. My Brother and Father are both what you would call "Computer Nerds" Daddy-Man and all the Brothers-in-Law are mini computer nerds (mini because they can't do the hacking, not because they are little, that would be my mom who really is a mini computer nerd :) I am just glad that I can type, occasionally without looking at my fingers. If I had been born a couple of decades earlier, I probably wouldn't even be able to do that. Now if I had been born later, maybe we would have done more in computer class than play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.
Anyways, wish me luck. and if you don't hear from me soon, that means that I smashed the computer out of complete frustration.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the Oregon Trail. It's going to be awesome, no worries.

    ReplyDelete